Thursday 30 August 2012

I suppose you might think that this is just an excuse for me to be rude about the celebrity I hate most in the world

Well it's not, in spite of her utterly odious attempt to invite comparisons to the beautiful Julie Christie.
I'm actually having yet another go at the vile standard of English in the Mail Online.

Introducing this article featuring the abominable Chelseeeee Healey dressed, in August, for the depths of a Moscow winter, the Mail journalist Kirsty McCormack says
She's not necessarily known for having the best fashion taste

What, in the name of all that's holy, does not necessarily known mean in this context?

not necessarily - as opposed to what? I don't get it. What purpose does it serve and how does it add meaning?
If she meant not known for having the best fashion taste then why couldn't she just have said so instead of giving me a headache trying to unravel her syntax.

Chelseeeeee is also well known for her:
1) Ghastly eyebrows.
2) Plastic mammary hyperplasia.
3) Trout pout.
4) Poor elocution and diction.
5) Limited vocabulary.
6) Lack of acting ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be moderated