Monday 10 September 2012

Some further thoughts on Monza, Ferrari and Lewis Hamilton #f1

I spent some time this afternoon watching a YouTube clip showing Vettel's overtaking move on Alonso on the Curva Grande on lap 26.

Vettel received a drive through penalty which would have cost him points, had he not retired later with a failed alternator.

But I'm not sure that he deserved the penalty even with the possibility that it was in revenge for a similar move by Alonso during the same race last year. It seemed to me that Alonso deliberately moved onto the grass when there was space available on the tarmac in order to dramatise the situation.

Which only confirms my opinion that Alonso consistently blurs the distinction between being unsportsmanlike and a cheat. And having heard the boos that greeted Lewis Hamilton on the winners podium, my opinion that the tifosi and Ferrari are welcome to Alonso has also been confirmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be moderated