Friday 14 September 2012

I don't know why I watched 999: What's your emergency?

I hoped that it might feature the important work of emergency services operators. But instead it turned out to be a standard bottom of the barrel Channel 4 television documentary about the terminally stupid behaviour of the nation's drunks and druggies. You know the kind of thing - a semi-literate narrator refers to the police as cops and offenders as lads, pissing in the streets, public indecency, swearing, handcuffs, leering at the camera in custody suites and the remarkable patience of custody officers trying to get an answer to the simplest questions.

It could have been an interesting programme but instead it just informed me that I don't want to set foot in Blackpool and certainly not at night.

I give the last word to a very pretty WPC who said that even watching the X Factor would be a more attractive proposition than spending the night in a cell in a puddle of her own puke, shit and piss. Nicely put, I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be moderated